“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain.
Forgiveness can often be one of the hardest things to do and even more paradoxical is the fact that it is harder to forgive our selves than it is to forgive others. We are our own worst critics beating ourselves up for every mistake we ever make. The motive for writing this blog was due to pure inspiration which came from some unseen force. It felt like this message had to be shared to rid you beautiful souls of your heavy burdens.
I see forgiveness as “for gift ness.” To forgive is to gift ourselves with humility, love and understanding. We try so hard to be perfect but let me share a little secret with you. There is no such thing as perfection and the greater you yearn for it, the further you will stray from it. Perfection is based on each individuals perception of the world. We are flawed beings destined to make mistakes again and again whilst learning, growing and becoming wiser in the process.
In this world of duality both victories and failures are necessary. When you rise you humbly nod as you remember where you came from. When you fall you appreciate everything you had when things were good. Without mistakes how many moments of laughter would be silenced, how many pearls of wisdom would be washed away, where would feelings of comfort dissipate to knowing that you are not alone in your downfalls.
WHY SHOULD YOU FORGIVE YOURSELF
- If you seek perfection you will embark on an endless voyage of despair. Whether you believe in an almighty creator or not, know that you were created by the same force that created creation. How could this infinite energy create anything that is not already perfect.
- If at this moment you are filled with anger, pain or hate know that you are also filled with love, trust, compassion and empathy.
- The fact that you are hard on yourself shows that you aspire to be better and do better in this world.
- The fact that you may have made a mistake portrays courage to take a leap of faith and try something new.
- From each failure grows fruits of wisdom which can be passed on to your children and your children’s children. Every dark experience serves it’s purpose in this interconnected life.
- The moment you forgive you become more connected with those who surround you as you understand suffering as well as happiness.
- The quicker you learn to forgive yourself the easier it becomes to forgive others. How we see and treat others is a reflection of how we feel about ourselves. If we love ourselves unconditionally we won’t be riddled by the feelings of forgiving others. No matter what others say or do we can always count on our own self love.
- Forgiveness is actually more for yourself. The moment you forgive you will feel liberated and your spirit will be at peace.
- Those of you who believe in spirit guides or guardian angels know that we are forgiven daily for our mistakes. This unconditional love never deters the realm of pure love in seeing us in any other form other than our perfect radiant selves. Let this love serve as an inspiration and let us carry it forwards.
Watch this video which shows the true power of forgiveness.